Reporting to the Facilities Maintenance Manager;
• The priority is to learn, maintain, and repair (as necessary) the plumbing and related systems within the Fogo
• Assist other technicians on site with any issues that arise within any of the other systems at the Inn.
• Be team oriented and take 'ownership' in the upkeep and operation of the Fogo Island Inn.
• Review blueprints, building codes and specifications to determine work details and procedures.
• Document additions, subtractions and any changes that occur within the operational systems at the Inn.
• This will include updating the drawings and/or O&M manuals.
• Prepare written work cost estimates.
• Keep records of assignments, work activity and produce detailed work reports.
• Participate in building coverage by working shift work as required.
• Follow all applicable safety rules and procedures.
• Must be neatly dressed, well groomed and ensure uniform is presentable.
• Work in a collaborative and positive manner with all members of the team at the Inn.
• Other duties as required.
Skills and Experience
Training & Experience
• Journeyperson trade certification or equivalent trade experience.
• Any additional training or certificates in field of expertise or related field considered an asset.
• Any additional skills such as HVAC, electrical, refrigeration etc. is a bonus.
• Driver's license is an essential requirement.
Position Specific Skills
• Proficient in using computer technology and email.
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Resourceful at developing good solutions to issues.
• Superior communication skills.
• Capacity to work in a deadline-oriented environment.
Personal Skills & Interests
• Positive, outgoing, ambitious, energetic and career oriented.
• Extremely well organized and able to manage a multitude of tasks and priorities simultaneously.
• Team player with a roll up your sleeves approach to getting the job done.
• A passion for small communities.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to show contact info
using the subject line “Plumbing Technician”
Deadline for Applications: June 7th 2019 or Until Filled.
Questions about this position may be directed to: Stephen Grant at show contact info
No phone calls, please.
For further information visit our websites:
www.fogoislandinn.ca | www.shorefast.org | www.fogoislandarts.ca | www.fogoislandshop.ca
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers