• Our Stewards need to be driven and passionate people with a desire to do better each day. They must possess a sensitivity and respect for the history and culture of rural Newfoundland and be committed to upholding the vision and goals of Fogo Island Inn, Shorefast Foundation, and other affiliated organizations.
• We expect our stewards to; excel in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and to respect our status as a social business with their desire to make a positive difference in the lives of others and in the community.
The roll of Steward at the Fogo Island Inn is comprised of by not limited to the responsibilities listed below.
• Safe handling of cleaning chemicals and cleaning tools.
• Setup of station for shift and cleaning of station and kitchen following end of service.
• Maintain and enforce sanitation standards set by Chef and Management Team.
• Maintain cleanliness and organization of kitchens and storage areas.
• Daily internal ordering of all product needed for station.
• Respects and maintains the equipment provided.
• Respects and maintains the ingredients and tools which are provided.
• Responsible for staying informed of upcoming events and changes.
The job requirements of Steward are comprised of but not limited to the requirements listed below.
• Willingness to receive direction.
• Extensive experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bakeware.
• Deep appreciation for order and cleanliness.
• Knowledge of all sanitation procedures.
• Maintaining a positive attitude toward work and workplace.
• Very good communication skills.
• Excellent physical condition and stamina.
• Able to lift 40lbs
• High school diploma or equivalent and asset.
• Follow all directives laid out in the Fogo Island Inn Kitchen Orientation.
• Ability to adapt and react quickly to fluid situations while maintaining a positive attitude.
ABOUT THE INN
Fogo Island Inn is an initiative of Shorefast Foundation, a registered charity that exists to improve the social, cultural, and economic conditions on Fogo Island, Newfoundland. The Inn is a social business which means that all of its profits are reinvested for the benefit of the local community through the Foundation. Fogo Island Inn has won countless awards for design and travel excellence.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers