• Our CDP need to be driven and passionate people with a desire to do better each day. They must possess a sensitivity and respect for the history and culture of rural Newfoundland and be committed to upholding the vision and goals of Fogo Island Inn, Shorefast Foundation, and other affiliated organizations.
The roll of CDP at the Fogo Island Inn is comprised of by not limited to the responsibilities listed below.
• Maintains established quality and sanitation standards.
• Able to execute menu standards set by Chef and Management Team.
• Respect cleanliness and organization of kitchens and storage areas.
• Helps to product order and maintain his cooking line
• Respects and maintains the ingredients and tools which are provided.
• Helps team members in the execution of their work.
• Reducing food waste and equipment damage through proper training and practices.
The job requirements of CDP are comprised of but not limited to the requirements listed below.
• Extensive practice and professional history as a cook.
• A firm understanding of common and uncommon regional ingredients and techniques.
• Transferable knowledge of established techniques and methods.
• Proven ability to manage his/her kitchen line
• Ability to direct in all safety and sanitation procedures.
• Familiarity with changes in industry techniques and trends.
• Accuracy, calm and speed addressing emergency situations following established practices.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent physical condition and stamina.
• Able to lift 40lbs
• High school diploma or equivalent and formal culinary training.
• Follow all directives laid out in the Fogo Island Inn Kitchen Orientation.
• Ability to adapt and react quickly to fluid situations while maintaining a positive attitude.
• Able to adapt to clime and surroundings on Fogo Island
ABOUT THE INN
Fogo Island Inn is an initiative of Shorefast Foundation, a registered charity that exists to improve the social, cultural, and economic conditions on Fogo Island, Newfoundland. The Inn is a social business which means that all its profits are reinvested for the benefit of the local community through the Foundation. Fogo Island Inn has won countless awards for design and travel excellence.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers