• Our Bartenders need to be a driven and passionate people with a desire to do better each day. They must possess a sensitivity and respect for the history and culture of rural Newfoundland and be committed to upholding the vision and goals of Fogo Island Inn, Shorefast Foundation, and other affiliated organizations.
• We expect our Bartenders to; excel in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and to respect our status as a social business with their desire to make a positive difference in the lives of others and in the community.
The roll of a Bartender is comprised of the following:
• Maintains established quality and sanitation standards.
• Maintains established safety practices.
• Maintains service standards set by Chef and Management Team.
• With the assistance of the Management Team, create, organize and execute a rotating cocktail menu.
• With the assistance of the Management Team, organize and maintain bar alcohol and supply stocks..
• Responsible for staying informed of upcoming events and changes.
• Other responsibilities as directed by management.
The job requirements of Bartenders are comprised of the following:
• Practice and professional history in food & beverage. Bartending experience is an asset.
• Display a passion for and pursuit of knowledge in service, mixology, beer and wine service.
• Ability to follow all safety and sanitation procedures.
• Able to work within a team.
• Very good communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills, with attention to detail and cleanliness.
• Able to lift 40lbs
• High school diploma or equivalent; formal applicable training will be an advantage.
• Follow all directives laid out by the Chef and the Management Team.
• Ability to adapt and react quickly to fluid situations while maintaining a positive attitude.
ABOUT THE INN
Fogo Island Inn is an initiative of Shorefast Foundation, a registered charity that exists to improve the social, cultural, and economic conditions on Fogo Island, Newfoundland. The Inn is a social business which means that all its profits are reinvested for the benefit of the local community through the Foundation. Fogo Island Inn has won countless awards for design and travel excellence.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers